Injection moulding is one of the key processes for producing plastic articles. It is a quick process and is used to create huge numbers of identical items from high precision engineering components to disposable consumer goods. Injection mouldings count up a significant proportion of all plastics products from micro parts to large components. Practically all sectors of manufacturers use injection moulded parts. The flexibility in shape and size possible through use of this process has constantly extended the margins of design in plastics and enabled significant replacement of traditional materials.
The basic injection mold making process is as follows:
- Products design department provides product information to the injection mold design department, injection mold designers complete cost analysis and provide it to the manager.
- R&D department discharge “Mold Making Apply” to plastic injection mold design department after confirmed the project.
- Injection mold designers arrange relevant staff to review the project base on the product information, including product structure, mold structure, runner, cooling system, venting, etc.
- After evaluation, injection mold designers start to outline the plastic injection mold, including, 3D parting, 3D drawing corrections, electrode drawing etc., and organize appropriate personnel to check those drawings, then issue to plastic injection mold making department.
- Injection mold makers study the drawings and inspect the mold materials in time after the materials arrive to industry, and organize technicians to do locksmith works, which consist of turning, grinding, milling, screw holes, water carrying hole, center hole, CNC roughing, etc.
- After heat processing, plastic injection mold maker must detect its hardness and metallurgical analysis. Usually, the core hardness 46-50HRC, for equal distribution of 9 points, requiring its hardness differ is less than 1HRC.
- Electrode processing: There are fine and rough processing. Attention should be paid to each processing, and detect electrodes after processing is finished.